Can Gas??

Can gas feel like a baby kick?? I know I'm not pregnant, but at times I swear I have these phantom baby kicks that make me stop dead in my tracks and wonder of a moment or 2. The only thing I can think of is that is must be gas.

True? False? Is it something else other then gas? I don't know, but I've felt those phantom baby kicks too! (surely I can't be the only woman)

If I was truly concern about my health I would consult my doctor!

SAHMinIL2

Asked by SAHMinIL2 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Health

• Gas can, and so can bladder infections. I was feeling that really badly, like so much so that you could feel it move across my stomach with your hand. My mom and I thought I was pregnant, seriously, like she could feel kicking! The doctors thought I was pregnant, it turned out to be a bladder infection! i was SO disappointed.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 9:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• yes i can LOL iv had it a few times and was like whoa!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yea, one brave soul willing to admit that she has gas and that it's like a phantom baby kick!
    SAHMinIL2

Comment by SAHMinIL2 (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It's happaned to me too. It used to strike me as odd but now it's just a common occurance. Good luck.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 9:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes, I have that too! It drives me nut because my first reaction is to put my hand on my belly to "feel" the baby, lol.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 9:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• LOL I do that to feel for a "baby" or just stare at my tummy for future moment. Sometimes, at night, I'll move closer to DH and snuggle up to him, thinking he may "feel" it too. Cause it just drives me insane. Okay not literally, but it does freak me out some!
    SAHMinIL2

Comment by SAHMinIL2 (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Oh wow Tes...Jacksmami, I didn't know that bladder infections could do that too. I wasn't totally sure on the gas either, but that seem the most logical to me :)
    SAHMinIL2

Comment by SAHMinIL2 (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My baby is over 3 and I still get "phantom kicks" from gas.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes, I have it too. It's weird isn't it?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:45 AM on Aug. 7, 2010