Eye shadow help

So sunday I have a date and I need some makeup advice. I am wearing a pail yellow tank top under neath a black low cut shirt with a black necklace and ring. I have no clue what eyeshadow to do. I have hazel green eyes. I thought about doing a tan over my lid with a black on the outer side. If you have a video please post. I am new to the whole makeup thing or doing it with multiple colors. Thanks you much

Magen85

Asked by Magen85 at 9:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Smokey eye would look great!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• there is a group called makeup mamas that give tutorials. you should join them.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 9:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0ICyXGNXUY
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• well, if you go to the drugstore loreal has eyeshadow combos that are specifically for different color eyes (ie. blue, green, brown, hazel). there are 4 colors..... 1 to do all over, one to highlight right under the brow, one to do the lid and one to line and do the outside of the lid (but i leave the 4th color off and just use eyeliner instead lol). usually it's a neutral for the all over color, white for under the brow, and a contrast color that complements your eyes to do the lid. i really like it and it has a diagram on the back of where to put what color. gl! i'm sure you'll look hot
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Have a Sephora nearby?
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• don't try to match your eyeshadow to your outfit..

match it to compliment your eye color, skin tone color

you have green eyes:
    so take a look at your veins, are they green (warm) or blue (cool).. take a brush and put a line of silver(cool) and a line of gold (warm)on your hand.. which looks better?

for warm: stick with warmer tones with yellow's, and red's in them (like cooper, or bronze or a warm purple).

for cool: you can go with pinks, pastel like colors

and the great part about green eyes: they always look good in browns regardless of skin tone (just try to match the browns with the skin tone, like above coppers and bronzes for warm, or a ashier brown for cool).

after that then it's on to how to apply.. this goes into your eye shape and location
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:29 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• for round eyes, close-set eyes, and/or protruding eyes, use option 1
    for heavy lidded eyes use option 2
    and for deep set eyes use option 3
    option 3 can be used with round or close set eyes too if they are deep set.

Photobucket
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:21 AM on Aug. 7, 2010