I am a RN who would like a job that will allow me time with my children and suggestion.

AleRN

Asked by AleRN at 3:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Money & Work

• I would work at a physicians office. Normally they have dedicated hours and closed during holidays and some weekends.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 3:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Since you have the medical terminology, how about a medical transcriptionist or typist for a court reporter. You can type in your pajamas and never have to leave the house.
    sbertrand03

Answer by sbertrand03 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Are you looking to get another JOB or start a business? I have a home business and work around my kids... I work part time and bring in an awesome income. Since you are already comfortable speaking with doctors this could be great for you. Part of what i do is go in to provider offices and ask them to make my information available to the patients without any coverage... I also place ads and brochures in the waiting room or in the exam rooms... But for me that was kinda hard because I was kinda intimidated talking to doctors and such...

Sabrina M Bowen
    www.DailyPayFromHome.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• You can not do medical transcriptionist unless you are certified. Just becaue you have medical termanology....doesn't mean squat. I looked into it before.

I am an RN as well. I pretty much work when I want. I did just pick up hours here and there at a hospital, but got sick of it. Now I pick up hours for a local factory here. Lots of factories have their own medical staff. Pretty much occupational nursing thrown in with first aid responding. Again, I choose when and the hours I want to work. I ONLY work while my kids are in school when I do work. LOL!! There's lots of options with nursing, just seek them out.

Don't cross off other options though, lots of great things out there that can open many doors.

Blessings.

http://www.4yourfam.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 4:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• network marketing! Choose a product that fits with your life style & that you can be proud to promote- visit my page you can see what I do - I started a little over 6 months ago and now able to pick from son up from school everyday - and I was a full time business owner/operator with my family - this has allowed me to walk away to be with my son. Please ask questions - I would love to share with you all that I have learned, this will help you to figure out your path. Knowledge of different options is key - It is not get rich quick, but you our team is amazing and we provide constant support and buisness building support

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 5:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I worked in a hospital on nights for 5 years. My neighbor told me about a company that I could work from home. It was wonderful to finally make a good income and be home with my family. My check last month was $1798.00. Our company is 23 years strong. They are the best way to work from home with your children by your side. Now I take my granddaughter to Kindergarten every day and work around her hours.
    Evelyn www.thewhycircle.com/raemgarcia
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 5:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• There are a lot of hospital offer "parent shift", you can go in to work at 0900 and off the work at 1430. You can send your children to school and be home before they get home.

Or you can work on weekend while they can spend sometime with their grandparents or daddy? 12 hours shift , 3 days a week is also a idea for you.

I am not a RN yet, but i work in the hospital only on weekend. 1 double and 1 single, but i can be a stay at home mom for my children during the weekdays.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• check out my journal entries we have 4 work from homes that are helping us!! They are all awsome!! Links to join are there also on the one that has about 159 views!
    hopfulllife

Answer by hopfulllife at 8:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• A home based business will allow you more time with your children. I have been in this business for 16 months now and have made a very nice secondary source of income. I have the luxury to do what ever I like and when I want. The most rewarding feeling is been able to pick up the kids from school and helping them with homework and still have plenty of time to play outsided, make dinner, read a story and all stress free. I invite you to visit my site for a bit of info. I have a webinar Monday night you can attend to learn more about this amazing product and one-of-a-kind business opportunity. I hope to hear from you soon.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I have a great business that I do. Since you are an RN you will like what I have.
    Check out my website and once you fill in your information you will get additional information about the company and the business.

http://www.EnjoyingMyTime.com
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 11:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2008