Why doesn't he get it? (more of a vent)

My DH is a work-aholic. Period. More often than not, he works 16 hour days at least 4 days a week, and the other 3 days he works at least 8-12 hours. Earlier this week, he worked an 8 hour day and was home for dinner, then left to go play basketball with the church. Today, he worked another 8 hour day, came home, ate dinner and is now fishing. I'M GOING CRAZY! I asked if there was ever going to be a family night and he said "can't I have a night to myself?" I said "what did you do earlier this week?" and he paused and went and sat down and pouted. So I said "just go" and he goes "I don't want you upset with me" and I said "it's a little late for that" so he left. I am furious! I told him to go because I don't want to sit here all night watching him pout because his "oh so mean" wife said he couldn't go fishing, but my hell! What does it take to get a family night around here!? UGH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like he need to start thinking his family is important, anything could happen then he would be wishing he had.....you need to bring this to his attention, maybe discuss 2 days a week he can have for him self!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Welcome to my life!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Well he's not a work-a-holic.. but he chooses his hobbies over his family all the time.
    Golf, gaming, poker, pool.
    We are second to him all the time.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• have a serious talk with hubby and tell him family shouls always come first.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Family time is important. The real question is, why doesn't he want to spend time at home? I would at least talk to him and see if he would consider a couple of nights a week at home with his family. He doesn't need to go out every night with his friends.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:44 AM on Aug. 7, 2010