How do you get your baby to sleep?

My son is 9 months old, and hes a pain in my butt every night. The only thing I can do after an hour of trying to get him to bed is to let him cry, but I feel bad for him, I dont want him to cry I just want him to close his eyes and start dreaming lol. He's tired, can barely stay up, but when I try to get him to go to sleep he wont have it.

xmama_bellax

Asked by xmama_bellax at 9:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• cry it out. he will fall asleep eventually. he should def be sleeping on his own. we did it will my son when he was 4 mos old and it totally sucked but he sleeps great now and he will be 3 next month. we put our little girl down in her crib awake form the beginning and she sleeps like a rock star.
    GiannisMomma

Answer by GiannisMomma at 9:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• when he falls asleep, he sleeps allll night, he just doesnt like going to sleep haha idk whats with him, he can be half passed out and still doesnt wanna go to sleep haha
    xmama_bellax

Comment by xmama_bellax (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• do you hold him while he is falling asleep? what do you have to do to get him to sleep?
    GiannisMomma

Answer by GiannisMomma at 9:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• ever since hes been born, when its time for bed.,.thats where he goes. its been lately that he just doesnt want to. usually i put him in the crib after a bottle, now he holds it himself to i give to him in his bed, and he'll eat..get up..an d start yelling. i cant hold him because he's too heavy and im pregnant, ill be holding him til i give birth if i do that lol i just let him cry, but i feel bad. i play with him a little before his bed time to get him tired, but thats normal. hes just been weird lately
    xmama_bellax

Comment by xmama_bellax (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• make sure you have a bed time routine. maybe a bath, Pj's, a book, bottle and bed. this will help him know that bed time is coming. at any age, kids will test you to see what they can get away with. you are going to have your hands really full with 2 kids so try to make bed times more of a habit now.
    GiannisMomma

Answer by GiannisMomma at 9:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• usually by 830 hes in his bed..after a bath..and a bottle..and i sing to him and rub his head..lately he just doesnt want to..im just wondering if hes ok..i just dont want him to cry because i know if i stay in the room he'll stay awake so i gotta get outta sight
    xmama_bellax

Comment by xmama_bellax (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• it sounds like you have it well under control. he will cry for the first few nights but he will get it soon enough.
    GiannisMomma

Answer by GiannisMomma at 9:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• my son will be 9 months in a few weeks. sometimes he's fussy but he has been pretty good with nursing to sleep. Although I have to wait until its dark in his room. (about 8:45) when its light he just wants to play. he likes music too or for me to shush him. Oh and i just started swaddling him a little since we are crib training just so he feels secure. its been working better than when i just would lay him down without anything. :)
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• We don't cry it out. I nurse her to sleep but some times I have evening meetings and DH puts her to bed. He "burritos" DD in this huge chenille throw that she seems to love. Then he walks her clockwise around the house. Our floor plan makes a loop. His theory is that she needs a really warm and really firm swaddle. She falls asleep on the second loop. Every time.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'm a single mom, no one to take over when I get stressed with baby, maybe thats why hes fussy..cuz im stressed.
    xmama_bellax

Comment by xmama_bellax (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010