Reusable Grocery Bags, where did you get yours?

Stole this idea from another question :)
Where did you get your Reusable bags?
How many bags do you bring grocery shopping?
How much money have you spent on grocery bags?

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 9:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• honestly, i got quite a few free. alot of places are giving them away to promote their businesses. sometimes at target they bag your stuff up in them (what a good suprise that was lol). other bags i have bought from petsmart bc the proceeds go to their charity, i bought some from disney store on the clearance rack, and other ones i payed about 50 cents each for. i have a couple of big sturdy plastic ones i use for heavy stuff like juice, but most of them are the normal size ones. i would guess i spent less than $10 and i have at least 25 bags (some big, some small, different materials, etc.) i love them and use them everytime i go to the grocery store
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I got most of mine at the grocery store. I have 4 regular ones (that have the stores logo on them), 6 special ones (they were selling ones for $1.00 that are pink and all proceeds go towards breast cancer awareness) and 4 cold/frozen ones. Normally I only take my pink ones and cold ones with me. The regular ones I got on sale for $.50 and the cold/frozen for $1.50. So I've spent $15.00 on them. We also use them for other things though. My kids pack things in them when we go away, we use them when we go to the library.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have several reusable bags that I bought at the stores I shop in, I have a few crocheted cotton bags that I made (and LOVE THEM!!!), I also reuse any plastic ones I pick up when I have forgotten my reusables (which is more often than I like). My crocheted bags expand like you wouldn't believe! So they can easily count as three or four bags. My others are decent size, count for 2.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I bought all of mine from Toys R Us. I have some with various holiday designs but most of mine have animals like butterflies, frogs and panda's on them. They are so cute esp the Christmas ones. I have a lot of the logo ones that were given to me but I never use them. I hate taking Kroger bags to Walmart or Walgreens bags to Kroger. I'm just weird like that. The Toys R Us ones have smaller logos on the sides so I just deal with it. I think I paid maybe $25 for all of mine I have 20+ that I use on a regular basis. That's not counting the ones that were free that just sit in a bag by the door.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I got my reuseable bags at my grocery store eight years ago for .99 each. I saved over $60 with coupons that day so, they were essentially free. I bought 6, I have acquired 2 more for free and I keep them in a tote bag in my car. I haven't seen a plastic bag in my house in years because I always grab my tote no matter what type of store I go in. You can put hundreds of dollars in groceries in the 8 bags. I never fill that many! LOL.... I took plastic canvas I had in my craft room and used the plastic in the bottom of the bag to make a template and cut out another set so mine are very reinforced. I throw them in the washer on gentle once a week. :)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Gypsy ~ Crocheted ones rock! I made a couple medium sized ones for produce! The best thing I have isn't a bag. I have a HUGE rectangular thermal case that zips shut. I got it for free because I bought 4 pies on Market Day many years ago when my older sons were in middle school. :)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I bought the boxes at Wal-Mart. LOVE them! You can wash and reuse them! I got 5 for $5.
    mpm915

Answer by mpm915 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I've spent maybe $5 on them. I got a few at WalMart and one or two at the Dollar Tree. I usually only take like two with me.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have four canvas ones I bought for a couple of dollars each at a local grocery store 20 years ago and I do still use them. I also have four larger bags that I purchased for .50 cents each at Whole Foods Market and two insulated bags that I bought for .99 cents each at a local grocery store.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010