Hypocrites or just true liberalism.

How is it that when the subject of legalizing marijuana comes up many of those say "well my state says it's ok........" (State vs. Feds) but when it comes to the Arizonia law many of those same ones say, "nope, it's the Federal law, AZ has no right." Which is it....Federal law or State law rules or is it only the one that is most convenient for your cause?

pvtjokerus

Asked by pvtjokerus at 9:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• These kinds of issues are really no different than kids in a playground, playing some childhood game. They make up the rules as they go along...especially when they start losing!! And if they can't change the rules, then they "take their ball and go home!" LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I am SO answering this so it is easy to find later! GL on getting answer that are ACTUAL answers and not "bush did it" or "well repubs do X" :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• The liberals could ask the same thing, you know.

Both sides are hypocrites. You can't cry "small government" and then "no gay marriage or pot" and then state's rights when it comes to the healthcare bill and expect to be taken seriously. Either you are for less government or you aren't.

The bottom line is both parties blur their definitions to suit their priorities.
    Btw, I'm a conservative.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Its another example of the government making decisions for people. It isn't their business if someone wants to smoke...anything for that matter.If Alcohol is legal, I don't understand the reasoning behind MJ being illegal

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have been wondering the same thing.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I guess you could say they feel it's a civil rights issue. No one believes smoking pot is a civil right. At least not as far as I've heard. Many people feel that by being asked for id it violates the person's civil rights. I tend to disagree with that but I believe that's the argument.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 9:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Well my thoughts are that if the fed's could lock me up for it then I am not doing it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Legally speaking, there are some laws where states are given more legislative power. Marriage, for instance, is a state thing. So it really depends on the particular law in question and whether there is a federal trump or not (i.e., if the state law is ruled unconstitutional).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• and you know the political leanings of every poster how, exactly? or their positions on both questions?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Pv- do you see the patterns on both sides or just 1? If your answer is 1 sided, I'm sorry but you're not looking hard enough.

Patterns exist with the extreme groups- both conservative and liberal.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:54 AM on Aug. 7, 2010