How to hide my muffin top (the tummy that sticks out of the top of your pants)?

I am in the process of losing weight and need some ideas on what to wear to hide the muffin top.Please help.

mom23ks

Asked by mom23ks at 3:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• i've see those um.....girdles....my sis used one after she had her baby and it helped with it....
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 3:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• If you have muffin top then the pants aren't the correct size. Stay away from low rise and find some mid rise jeans. They make a big difference and you won't look trashy.
    Anonymous

• ^ exactly...omg all of my inlaws are just falling over their waistbands and it looks so trashy!
    Anonymous

• Ok thanks for the trashy comments! Unfortunately I dont have the extra money to buy the next size up and since I am in the process of losing weight I dont see the point in it.
    mom23ks

Answer by mom23ks at 4:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Agreed with the first Anonymous poster. I can not fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans without having a TERRIBLE muffin-top. So, they obviously don't fit me. So I went out and bought 2 or 3 inexpensive (READ: I bought them at ROSS) jeans to get me through until I can fit into my old jeans again. I look a LOT better than I did trying to fit into pants that weren't the right size, and I feel a lot more confident because my "fat" is not as obvious.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Oh an they arent low rise jeans either but thanks for pointing that out too.
    mom23ks

Answer by mom23ks at 4:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Now that I have seen your additional comment about not having any extra money (btw you can get jeans at ROSS for as low as 7 dollars....) The only thing I can suggest to you is baggy shirts that will cover it up.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• We dont have a Ross here that I know of :-(
    mom23ks

Answer by mom23ks at 4:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Can you afford to go out and buy anything similar to Spanx? I bought a couple girdle-type things (farily inexpensive b/c I'm so cheap!) after having my last child and that seemed to help me. Or use control top pantyhose and just cut off the legs (which, in a sense, is exactly what Spanx are).

I hear ya on not having money! I always try to buy jeans under $30 because that's the first place I gain weight (in my tummy).

What exactly is Ross? $7??? what a bargain!

Also, not sure if you'd want to do this, but just an idea (I never shop there personally) -- if there is a Goodwill store in your town/city, you could try there for some cheap jeans. Good luck and supportive wishes on your weight loss!
    NovaChk

Answer by NovaChk at 4:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• If you can't buy a bigger size then try this. Take a large WIDE rubber band and pull one end through the hole in your jeans, then take both loop ends of the rubber band and pull around the button on the jeans. I did this when I was pregnant and didn't have to buy as many maternity pants. :O) You will still have to make sure you wear a shirt that covers the top part of the jeans, but this should get you by until you lose some more weight....And good luck.
    sharonrena

Answer by sharonrena at 4:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008