how do i keep my cool with my kids

i have 2 boys they r 6 and 2 and they fight about everything and i have a baby due in a week please HELP!!!!!!!!

mommys_boys2010

Asked by mommys_boys2010 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• First, remember who's boss....YOU! Take away whatever they're fighting over and tell them they don't get it back until they figure out their problem. Then stick to it. Eventually, when they fight over something, you can simply say, "do I need to take that away?" and you'll be amazed at how quick they can solve their own problems.

If they're hitting each other, stop it NOW! The offender has a time out, spanking, or whatever works in your house. Get down to their eye level, drop a notch in your voice, and mean what you say. Don't yell, but speak normally or whisper (they'll have to really listen then). Have them repeat what you just said.
    Sonnut

Answer by Sonnut at 10:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I agree with the advice above. You have to be consistent with the rules and always follow through. Tell them if one kid takes something away to come tell on them and you will put the offending child in timeout or whatever you do. If that kid keeps going make the punishments greater so that it becomes less appealing for them to repeat.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2010