I have pains in my abdomen....

Alright, I just found out by a HPT that I'm pregnant, based on what the dr said about my last period, I should be around 7 wks prego, but I go for the official word next saturday. But..........i'm having some pains in my abdominal area. Like sharp shooting pains, almost like a pulled muscle. Not cramping pains though. Should I worry and go to the ER or just wait it out until the dr visit?

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure, at the very least I would try to get off my feet and relax.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I would say that, if they are not cramping pains, and there is no bleeding, then wait for your appointment.

You say it is a sharp shooting pain, like you pulled a muscle. Well, you may have pulled a ligament. You have 2 that go from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus, kinda keeping it suspended in place, if that makes sense. Well, when pregnant, your uterus is growing so fast that any wrong twisting movement, or stretching or anything like that can easily pull one of those ligaments, since they are stretched so tight anyways. It seems like I did not feel pain like you are describing until around 2 1/2 months (around 10 weeks) but every woman IS different, and it is very possible that this is what you are feeling. Just try to relax, take it easy, and the pain should subside within a day or two.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• With each pregnancy the pain is a little more severe, at least according to me and confirmed by my ob/gyn. As long as they are sharp shooting pains with out bleeding I'm sure you're fine. Cramping with bleeding = bad.
    bdotmom

Answer by bdotmom at 7:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• thanks guys for all your help. I saw my dr today, he decided to have me come in this morning. he says everything is fine.

bdotmom, I was wondering that about the pains, i've had a few friends mention "baby growing pains" and I didn't remember this with my first, but now i know. LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2008