Would you name your baby a popular name just b/c you truly love the name?

Despite the name being popular, we love the name Avery. Should we use it or not?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Baby Names

• we have been debating this. we cant decide. we are going to wait until the baby is born to pick a name, but we are keeping a few on the list.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think its cute! My kids have very un common names like Shayla and Malachi so i wouldent use it, but i think its cute!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would not use a top 20 name at all. No matter how much I loved it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If you love it and it feels right, go for it. It can't be as popular as apparently Jennifer was in the 70s though and I am not so thrilled to be one! I prefer classic names to popular but Avery is different from all the McKenna, McKaylas, Addisons, Madisons, etc out there.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I personally only know 1 avery. She's 3 and super cute. :) I personally would only chose a name outside the top 50.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• michael and emily ... so yep i would use it if i really loved it
    bzyblondmomof5

Answer by bzyblondmomof5 at 10:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes. And I did! Named my son Edward..Not from the movies but just kuzz we liked it.
    Mrs.Pedro

Answer by Mrs.Pedro at 10:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I did. We just switched it up a little. We named our daughter Belladonna. I think if you really love it then you should use it.
    katrinad

Answer by katrinad at 10:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I did, twice:) My oldest daughter's name is Jessica, the #1 name the year she was born. My 11 yr old's name is Madison Avery, obviously I like the name you have chosen. lol If you love the name, who cares how popular it is. To be honest with you, my daughter Jess goes to a school with over 600 kids in her class, she only knows of 2 other girls with her name. I'm sure there are more, but you get the idea. And as for Madison, she has a ton of kids in her class too, she is the only one that has that name that we know of. The names are popular, but that doesn't mean every single child has that name.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I begged my sister to name her kid Avery but she wouldnt. My son is Jacob Aaron. Popular but I LOVE it!
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2010