Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I miss my dad

My dads wife is 20 yrs. younger than he is.They have been together for close to 30 years.I can't stand his wife.She doesn't like me either or any of my sisters.I have a twin sister,a youngaer half sister from my dads 4th wife & 2 sisters I've never seen before.It's so bad between her & I ,It's almost become physical.My dad is getting old and I don't think I'm ever going to see him again.She keeps him away from all of us.I want to see him before he is gone.And I really don't know how to go about it.


Asked by bvannkissy at 10:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

Level 18 (5,409 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • I'm like that with my father's adultress so I know what you are going through. My dad has basically been seeing a married woman since the late 70s. She's a very manipulative woman. She tells lies about us and has wedged herself between my father and my sisters and I. We moved to this area to be closer to him, but she has manipulated every situation possible to where I do not want to call him or visit him. He has chosen her over us. It's a horrible situation and I can totally empathize with you on it.

    Answer by Izsarejman at 10:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • Call him or go see him and talk to him without her around and tell him how you feel.

    Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 10:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • Id definitely call him, and ask him if its allright if you have a visit it with, and if he says yes then dont let her get in your way!

    Answer by MasonsMommyy at 10:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • call him. and if she doesnt like it who really cares?

    Answer by jennifer588 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • I'd go to his house (preferably when she wasn't there) and talk with him. If she is there then make a date with dad only for lunch or a day just the two of you or invite him to your house.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • i would go to a lawyer or the police just to make sure every thing is okay. they are there to help so ask for help

    Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • Don't let your chance slip away. See him somehow.

    Answer by momthruivf at 10:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • I'm scared to go see him at their house.I know myself & no matter how hard I would try,I would probably end up going off on her & then making things worse.No matter how hard I tried.And taking someone with me wouldn't help.He can't drive because he can barely hear,so she takes him everywhere.My feelings for her are so bad that I don't trust myself at his funeral when he does die.She really resents me for some things that happened over 20 yrs ago.And they also had the nerve to get married on my birthday.I don't like the way I feel about her.& I also pray about it.Shit!!!I don't know what to do.


    Comment by bvannkissy (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2010