Disease that makes your eyeballs expand?

Okay, I have no idea what this is. I heard a story today about a lady that has a specific disease in which her eyeballs expand. She had to have surgery in which the cut away some of the bone around her eye sockets in order to decrease the stress on the eyeballs so to their increase in size. I also heard that the doctor told her to be careful not to sneeze or cough as her eyes may fall out. Apparently her eyes are huge, and a friend of hers has a hard time even talking to her in the face because they have gotten so big that it scares her. I had no idea this ever existed!! Does anyone know what it is? I think they said something like it affects the lymph nodes?

BabyBeans0506

Asked by BabyBeans0506 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Health

• Yep, it's that Grave's disease...............Actor Marty Feldman (from Young Frankenstein, the Mel Brooks movies) had it............
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yes. I remember watching something about this. I don't remember now what it was called and I didn't get to see the whole show from the beginning.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Graves' disease? It's a disorder of the thyroid.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Graves, yep.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 10:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I apologize I just realized I posted this twice... :( Thank you all for your answers! :)
    BabyBeans0506

Comment by BabyBeans0506 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Graves disease

Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 3:19 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My MIL has the early signs of it ... it is Grave's disease and it has to do with thryoid function.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 7, 2010