Did you baby have a reaction to their 4 month old shot series? 2 Days later mine had a runny nose and was fussy. Anyone experience this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ya, she ran a low fever too.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Nothing bad happened after any of his shots. But, honestly, just going to the pediatrician's office exposes you to so many germs. After any doctor's visit, especially to get a set of shots where the baby's immune system is already being slightly challenged, I'm not surprised that kids get sick.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If you're talking about the MMR, mumps, measels, and rubella....my daughter ran a fever 101 to 104 for a week. I personally feel this particular vaccine can cause Autism...I spoke to my Dr. and asked why those particular viruses aren't given in a vaccine one at a time and the answer was its' too expensive. What else is new.

If your baby did not get the MMR yet, I would request the vaccines be ordered seperately!!!! There is huge debates over this. I just don't understand why the pediatric doctors can't give these vaccines seperate. I'm sure the numbers of autistic children will go down. Talk about expensive. It cost more to accomodate children with autism then it does to give these shots seperately for five years and see the results.

Denise H.
    denisepeace

Answer by denisepeace at 2:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• all side effects should be reports to your pediatrician and vaers. it might seem like no big deal but they need to keep track of how many kids get side effects, even if you dont think its a big deal.

BTW MMR cannot be ordered in individual shots because it is not available in individual shots. They just dont make it. I hear they are going to release one soon though. Also, a 4 month old should not be getting an MMR shot. Thats in the 1 year set I believe.
    TwoSugars

Answer by TwoSugars at 3:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• The MMR used to be available is separate shots but Merck stopped making them, their reason is that they want to focus on making the MMR and Chicken Pox vaccinations.

But, to answer your question... :) Yes, my son did the same thing after his 4 month and 6 month shots. I asked his doctor and he said it can happen sometimes, due to the fact that their body has developed more of an immunity, so their body starts to fight the live vaccinations. Nothing to really be concerned about...you can always check out Dr. Sears delayed schedule if you are concerned. :)
    CCD2002

Answer by CCD2002 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• That is very common after vaccinations at any age. As far as other complications such as autism or other problems...that's entirely another topic. My daughter had reactions to her 18 month shots and is still in therapy at age 5 because of it.

Any time you have given your child vaccinations there can be some soreness at the site of injection, irritability and fever among other symptoms.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 9:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Seems more likely your child picked up a cold at the doctors office. Fever is a common reaction. Runny nose this time of year could easily be allergies too. I always gave my kids baby tylenol during the day (4-6 hours) and baby advil at night (6-8 hours) an hour before shots and kept it up until about 3 days after shots. My kids all did fine with them.
    Aemelia

Answer by Aemelia at 12:20 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• A 4 month old does not get MMR shots and if you read the pamphlet that your DR gives you it lists all of the common side effects. The Idiot DR that origianly said that Vaccines cause Autism has been discretided and i believe that his medical liscence suspended in England a retraction has been printed. i do not believe for 1 minute that Vaccines cause Autism,. My son is Autistic and had no adverse reactions to any of his vaccines. my 16 yr old has nothing wrong with him and all of his shots contained thimerisol the preservative thought to cause Autism...which is no longer in vaccines. it sounds like your baby simply got a cold
    heathers5500

Answer by heathers5500 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• nope
    wildthing813

Answer by wildthing813 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• yes both mine did and ran a fever as well
    mom2twoboys41

Answer by mom2twoboys41 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2010