Did you baby have a reaction to their 4 month old shot series? 2 Days later mine had a runny nose and was fussy. Anyone experience this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• my lil guy had his on the 4th, he slept all that day and the next. he's doing great today!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• your baby probably has a cold that is completely unrelated to the shots. Probably picked up the virus when you were at the doc's office.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• OP Here: I say a reaction because she only had these symptoms for 1 day.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Nope my daughter was fine.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 10:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Did the doctor or nurse who gave the shots give you any info on side effect? Some may get a small fever and some can get a runny nose and be cranky.
    lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• At 4 months that could possibly be teething as well. My kids would get cranky from shots a day or two after but I don't remember any runny noses from them.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Depending on which shots she got she could have that kind of fussy reaction. The runny nose could be unrelated. Next time she gets shots make sure to ask for the vaccine information sheet (vis) for each vaccine.
    Catie_W1015

Answer by Catie_W1015 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i was told to give my baby asprain before she got her shots and after her shots they stop from getting a cold
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:27 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I would report this as a vaccine injury.

Was this one of the reactions listed on the insert? You did read the insert before allowing the shot, right?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My Child had a reaction but her was 3 hours of screaming that night and then continued every night (3 hours of inconsolable crying) for about 3 months.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2010