Looking for ideas for my next novel.

I'm thinking about my next story. I want to write something about high school drama, but somehow I want to make it a lot more interesting. I'm not wanting a rip off of "Degrassi" or "Pretty Little Liars". Something a little more than average high school drama, but yet something relatable. Thanks in advance!

MarieMassacre

Asked by MarieMassacre at 10:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe a private school setting...I haven't really seen that done before...rebelling, hissy fits, murder within the school...
    xoxticiaxox

Answer by xoxticiaxox at 10:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• well this has nothing to do with high school, but I have thought about writing a novel about women who meet via the internet and kill one another husbands for the insurance! I acutally got the idea from reading about all of the jerks women talk about on Cafe Mom,, to make it more interesting, one person should fall for the person they are supposed to kill IDK--I am not the kind of person who would ever do such a thing, but could be an interesting read,,, what is your 1st novel about? I love to read so would like to check it out!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• hmm, there is not alot written about student/lunch lady lust. maybe something on that (a hot lunch lady lmao), or how about something about a sorority like club and the drama about some girl wanting to fit in with that crowd, but they reject her to the point she does something really drastic?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I went to a private school. It was NOT your average setting. It was like a summer camp and for the most part we were on our own. I don't know how "relatable" that would be but the problems my friends had were real.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 11:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Gossip Girl is already a popular series about rich kids and private school. LOL I think Degrassi has covered every HS drama in the book....kinda leaves nothing left. Maybe a scifi story about a HS underwater, in some sort of dome...lol idk
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 1:41 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• maybe a love gone wrong story. what happens when teens break up and it goes extreme? the anti-twilight?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2010