Anyway to quickly clear up pink eye?

I have eye drops and have been using warm compresses, but Im supposed to be going out tomorrow night to celebrate my 22nd bday and if this doesnt clear up quickly then I may have to cancel :( Any home remedies or something? Any advice is helpful. Thank you in advance :)

xxMasonsMommaxx

Asked by xxMasonsMommaxx at 10:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Health

• There is an over the counter eye drops that you can buy at Walgreens called "PINK EYE REMEDY"..it works EXCELLENT...and then I found one at Marks that is homepathic called "PINK EYE RELIEF"..but that one seemed to take a few days longer to work..but it did work.
    Happy b-day! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• breast milk if by chance you are breast feeding
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i dont know if they still make them but Neosporin drops is what my mom always used on us, and it always cleared up quickly.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Baby shampoo!! It doesn't hurt either!
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 10:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Breastmilk works over night, or so says my husband lol. Personally, I would just stick with the drops.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• pink-eye is an eye infectionso go to the doctor
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i duno about quickly but once you get a script from the dr..and are on the med for 24 hours you are no longer contagious....and and can go out..however i would recommend treating both eyes with the meds...that way it doesnt spread to the other eye....

we battled pink eye for a while in my house it went from kid to kid to me then back to kid to kid..and i finally sanatized the whole freaking house....and it was over...o yeah an the meds from the doctor of course...
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 10:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My mother in law told me about the breast milk thing too. She's usually right about those kinds of things!
    mommyxdos

Answer by mommyxdos at 11:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Breastmilk is the quickest. Similisan has a great remedy (they carry it at Target)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2010