How do I use OPKs?

I have no idea how to time usage of OPKs... how did you figure it out? One girl told me to use them every day... another told me twice a day at 10am and 10pm... Those suckers are expensive (even with the $1 off coupon - I bought FREP) - do I use them every day, do I use FMU, I really just am kinda lost... the packaging and insert do not explain how to use them very well at all. I've seen where some people have these super cheep OPK strips, do you know where I could buy those? I only saw FREP at the store... help?

Sunnie1105

Asked by Sunnie1105 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Walgreens had the best deal, if you dont have one buy online at their website. The brand is "Answer", it was right around $20 for the box with 20 strips in it. I charted my cm and used these strips for 2 cycles, these strips were so accurate that I could pinpoint ovulation within just a few hours. What I did was use one when I got up in the morning, around lunch, and around dinner time. By the 3rd cycle I knew what day it was going to happen. We started trying that cycle using these strips and got pregnant right away. Once you get a positive strip you would need to have intercourse that night. All you have to do with these strips is pee into a little cup in the kit and dip the strip. Try it for at least 2 cycles and it will help you! We were TTC for 1.5 years before using this kit.Good Luck
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 4:26 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Here is the link, I just saw it at their online store
    http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Pregnancy/Daily-Ovulation-Tracker/ID=prod1530749-product
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 4:28 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• You don't use FMU, I do mine between 10 am and 2pm. I only do one a day. You can buy the cheap strips online.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Where online? Anyone recommend a website or brand?
    Sunnie1105

Comment by Sunnie1105 (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 2:44 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• ill try t he link 2 ty
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:13 AM on Aug. 7, 2010