What things can cause you to have to pee all the time?

Since I was pregnant with my daughter two years ago, I've had to pee all the time! Like sometimes it's every hour, sometimes more, sometimes less. It's crazy! What do you know of that can cause this?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Health

• With what you have described. It is time for a check up with a doctor for a diabetes check up. Constant thirst, frequent urinating, weight gain or loss, lack of energy are all red flags for diabetes.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 11:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Your uterus can drop and put pressure on your bladder. It happened to my mom. She has had to get surgery to help(she is now in her 60's) her surgery was a few years ago but I know she had it for many,many years. The doctor told her it was from childbearing.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 10:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• A urinary tract infection can cause that. So, can a dropped bladder. This can happen after having a baby. It happened to me after they removed my sigmoid colon. My bladder shifted and I had to pee al the time. I went to a urologist who went in and put my bladder back where it belonged.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Diabetes, but there are several other things that would be in affect as well, like major weight loss/gain, cotton mouth.....Trach infection as well...Depending how long its been going on you might just want to check with your doctor..
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 10:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Well, I hadn't really thought of other symptoms or anything, but I'm thirsty ALL the time, too, no matter how much I drink (I can drink almost a gallon of water and still be extremely thirsty), and last year I lost about 25lb without trying within like a month or two.

I would think UTI but it's an everyday thing for two years now.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Thanks. My mom suggested that when I stopped by there earlier and there's a free health fair going on the first weekend in October, so I'm going to go and get checked, just to be safe.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Sounds like diabetes. Don't wait until October. It's nothing to blow off. Go to the store & get yourself a Glucose meter. Walmart has one called True Track for about $15 & the strips are cheap too. Check your morning sugar before you eat or drink anything. Your sugar should be between 90-100. Ways to bring it down are cinnamon, low carb low sugar diet, & exercise.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:45 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Sounds like LBL (light bladder leakage), girlfriend........I have that now since having my children. My bladder could be totally empty, but then I'll cough, sneeze or laugh, and wouldn't you know?? I'll pee!!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I've never peed, even a little, from coughing or sneezing (except once right before I had her and she was resting on my bladder lol). It's just that I'm always thirst and can't seem to get enough to drink, and I have to pee a lot.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 2:47 AM on Aug. 8, 2010