How do I get all of the milk out of my breast to produce a full milk supply for my son?

Hi everyone, well I had a full milk supply but it went down due to me having a very busy work schedule, Im looking to get it back up. I went back to pumping 2 days ago like every 30 mins so it can get back up, but is that to much? my son is now a month. I get about 1oz or less with each pumping session but my breast still feel like there is something in there, i pump 15 mins but 20 mins max. any advice?

MummyLuv

Asked by MummyLuv at 10:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah, I would pump every 2 hours. Every 30 minutes doesn't give your body enough time to produce any. And drink a lot of water and stay away form caffinated drinks. Just stick with water and milk. Eat lots too.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• as in eat frequently, but healthy small meals and snacks
    2BlondeBabies

• Compress your breast as you pump. Putting external pressure on the milk glands will help them empty fully. And pumping every 30 minutes is probably just going to make you sore, try pumping every 2 hours for a few sessions and see what happens. A total of 24-32 ounces per day is about what your LO would require at this point. If you are nursing at all, try nursing more often, especially over night as your prolactin levels are higher at night and higher prolactin means more milk.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You need to eat more often and pump about every two hours.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• When it comes to pumping "I" have to sit with my chest to my knees. Gravity helps me pump quite a bit.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 10:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Oh and I agree with the PP.
    tanya_marieh

• I would pump one breast while nursing on the other. The flow was really strong that way! and it helped build up my milk. When it was time to switch sides, I just switched baby and the pump!
    RainingHeart

Answer by RainingHeart at 10:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• pp took the words out of my mouth - kellymom.com will have your answer!!!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2010