Would you want a large ceremony or small if you were renewing vows?

Hubby and I are discussing renewing our vows..He would love to do the whole thing again with the works...I on the other hand would love a small gathering with just our children...

sam223

Asked by sam223 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• i would like the small too, and my hubby says the whole she-bang again lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Small
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I wouldnt renew my vows. Wedding vows are wedding vows. Those are the things you vow as you are getting married before you know whats its really like. They are special. You can make new vows to each other throughout marriage, but thats what its all about. You learn from mistakes and try to make it better, not that you are married there shouldnt be any turning back. You might as well get divorced and marry again, its like starting over. like saying the first vows you made to each other werent good enough and you want to re do it. vows are the ones you live by no matter what..like the bill of rights, the rest are just amendments, no need to have a ceremony for every single one of them. I wouldnt redo my vows, i would just have a nice night with my husband and share all the good things and that bad a have our own little amendment thing every year for anniversary. i wont ever marry because men arent worth any vows.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 11:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'd rather a small one, because I like things more intimate :)
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• A small, intimate, destination wedding. We already did the "grande wedding!" I would want it to be held in a remote location where we honeymooned...in Australia!!! ;O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would do a large one but that is because we don't have any pics of the first go around and it was just the justice of the peace.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 11:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• @ xmama bellax if you have decided that you would never marry than this question wasnt for you..:) Renewing your vows is not a do over, and if it is I would remarry him everyday of the week..Thanks for the rely though
    sam223

Comment by sam223 (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think a big all out with the works is only appropriate for a mile stone anniversary like 25 years. Otherwise I think more intimate is the way to go. In this economy people may be uncomfortable attending a big bash and feeling like they are supposed to buy presents for people who have already been married a number of years. If you decide to go the all out route, I would consider No Gifts Please on the invitations.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• PS In my case I want the drive through Elvis one in Vegas I didn't get the first time. We did Elvis but in a Blue Hawaii ceremony because people came out with us.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Definitely no gifts...Requested no gifts the first time only wanted people there to enjoy in our day, did not want to put any pressure on anyone...I dont think I could get him to go for the Elvis wedding but sounds fun.

@princessbeth79 lol men..
    sam223

Comment by sam223 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010