I feel like a bad mom for saying this but my 3yr old annoys the hell out of me. He constantly says no & is always getting into something, it's not like I dont do anything with him we always play & do thing is it just an age 3 thing? but he's driving me insane !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm on the same boat mama. I've said it as well. Kids always annoy us in someway. My daughter does the same thing and doesn't even listen at all, I've tried everything and she still does it over and over again.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Its ok to say that. Children do get annoying I dont care who you are..there has been atleast one time where you just wanted to have an off switch on your kid lol My son drives me nuts too, hes only 9 months old and he gets into everyhting and always wants his way..hes a brat already lol and if I move his hand away from something, he moves mine away right back haha..smartass lol You just gotta bare with it and suck it up..thats your job and its theirs to beat the life out of you with everything they have lol. Thats not gonna ever stop. He will do that to you until you are dead lol
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 11:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• He needs you to set some boundaries of acceptable behavior and then he needs you to enforce them. Children should never be allowed to be in charge of their parents nor their homes. If you don't get a handle on it right now, your life is going to be miserable for the next 15 years or so. He will not just outgrow this kind of behavior. You will have to teach him what is and is not acceptable in your home. You can be prepared for him to resist because he is already in the habit of ruling your roost. So dig in your heels and make disobeying the rules in your home to have painful consequences.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• lol...My 8 year old says its his job to annoy me...You are not a bad mother
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My 3 year old drives me crazy too. She is constantly talking back or telling me no or giving me attitude.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I am not alone...
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• You are not alone! My son goes from 1 thing to the next. He makes sure that I am on my "job" everyday! I love to watch him sleep.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 3:02 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My daughter is 3 1/2 and still tells me no & gets into things too. We are just trying to set boundaries for her and teach her that it is not acceptable. She has major attitude sometimes.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 8:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010