Will my baby be okay???

Please tell me someone knows about this. I just found out my boyfriend was using steroids possibly around the time our baby was conceived. He wont be clear to me when he stopped... for all i know he hasn't stopped... he said he stopped in march and i got pregnant in june... but he lied to me before back then when i asked him if he was doing it... so how do i know he not lying about when he stopped. I heard a baby conceived while the man was using steroids will have Autism amoung other birth defects or disabilities that can occur. Does anyone know if this is true or anything about it???? I'm desperate to find out anything about this... i want to call my doctor, but it's Sunday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• First of all, I would say to rethink your relationship with your boyfriend. I know you're pregnant, but do you want to ALWAYS question if he's doing this or not. Not to mention, the lack of trust is going to break the relationship. As far as birth defects, I can't really say, but maybe consider an amnio.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• just so you know, amniocentesis has a high rate of causing miscarriages. It is also not 100% accurate its like 75-80 or something. So they could tell you something is wrong with the baby and it really isnt. that happened with my SO's brothers baby. i konw everyone wants their baby to be healthy but stressing out isnt going to help, just make sure you eat healthy and take care of yourself and the baby. however the baby turns out, love it regardless....as far as your relationship with the bf... he needs to cut that crap out or hit the road, its not healthy for him or anyone else in his life. Hes going to have a kid, he needs to stop acting like one himself.
    Anonymous