support groups

Ok this is kind of strange. My parents divorced in '92 and dad remarried and mom had a commitment ceremony. Both these things happaned in '93. Both my parents were better suited to my step parents. My stepdad died in a car accident in '99 and my mom has been going to a support group for a while. My step mom passed away in june from lung cancer. Now the only one I can find for my dad to go to my mom is a member of. They do not speak to each other even when forced in the same room. They live in St. Louis any help would be great. Thank you in advance ladies.

zadesmom1998

Asked by zadesmom1998 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Ask the group leader if she/he knows of another group elsewhere, there has to be another location, I would think
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• and i'm sorry it was '09 not '99
    zadesmom1998

Comment by zadesmom1998 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• So the question is how can you get them to talk to each other?
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 11:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If sylvia is right & that is your question... I don't think you should try to get them to talk to each other. If they have felt this way for this long, I think it would be wrong to push them be any differently toward each other. They are both going through the loss of a spouse this is not the time, & there may never be a time for them to re-establish communication. Very intimate feelings are shared in a group like that & I wouldn't want my ex there to hear mine; I'd stop going to the group.

If you are just looking for another support group, I'm sorry, I can't help but, wish you the best! Private counseling may be the only other option, but, there may be other groups you just have to know where to look & who to ask, GOOD LUCK!!! Wish I could be more help
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• No I want to find a support group for my dad in a different place as my mom. They were toxic together they found true love and happiness apart. I do not want them in the same room just want to get them the same kind of support.
    zadesmom1998

Comment by zadesmom1998 (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I am sorry hun but they are grown people this should not be your burden.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:39 AM on Aug. 10, 2010