Did a pregnancy test at the dr's the other day and it came back positive, sort of....

the nurse told me that I'm either about a week pregnant or I've miscarried.
I've prayed and have now left it in God's hands and whatever happens I'm sure will be managable.
I have 3 kids and we wern't trying this time around.
Can anyone offer me a similar story or advise on how I may feel if this is a miscarriage? I've never had one.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• What reason do you have to believe that it may be an early miscarriage?

I have had 2 miscarriages (5 and 6 weeks), but both followed the stillbirth of my son. The stillbirth was so horribly traumatic that I feel as if I didn't have such a difficult time with the miscarriages, though they were emotional as well. Each Mom is going to react in their own way though. Best wishes to you.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I can't tell you how it feels but I wanted to tell you that I will be praying that it is just an early test and not an early miscarriage.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Whathe nusre told me and I had gone to the dr because for the last few months I've been have almost 2 periods each month and was concerned about the "extra" bleeding. They come about 2 weeks apart and don't seem to last very long and I'm in my 20's so menopause is not the answer as my mom jokingly said.
    That and someone told me that 1 in 5 pregnancies ends in miscarriage. I've had 3 healthy babies so far and no miscarriages. The stats kind of scare me, I'm afraid of how I'll react or feel if I miscarry.
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Your HCG was probably elevated enough to be pregnant but not as high as typically expected. If you miscarry this early it is likely to just feel like your period only slightly heavier and more cramping. Did she advise you to come back in a week for a blood test to measure HCG in a week? My middle pregnancy was low HCG for a number of weeks and I had to have it continously checked but my baby was fine and close to 9 lbs at birth. Good luck!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• With both of my miscarriages, I had heavy bleeding and noticeable cramping consistently until the fetal tissues passed completely. After that, I bled lighter for 1-2 weeks.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I just saw your second update Amanda. That has happened to me before a couple months in a row where it's like I have frequent mini periods, almost like heavier spotting during ovulation. It evened itself out. Late periods are often miscarriages that women don't know they had and we go along with our everyday lives never knowing. Just tell yourself you have 3 beautiful children already either way and if you miscarry, better early than later.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I went today to have another test and I'll have the results monday or tuesday, stinkin' weekend, lol
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i've had 4 miscarriages. one before my son that was born in 06 and 4 since then. I am finally preggo with my second child. the first miscarriage I didnt know how to feel b/c i was only 16 and b/c i didnt even know I was pg. The second one I was devastated b/c i had been wanting another child sooooo bad. I cried for days and then realized there was nothing I could do and moved on. The next 2 I had no feelings toward them. Which is odd. I was upset and prayed to god that he wouldnt take my babies but he did. I remember the last one I knew what was happening, cried for a day and that was it. It was very very hard for me to get pg with this little guy but it must have been the right time. I have to be on hormones to get pg. this is probably going to be my last child. good luck hun and I hope you get good news. If not don't worry, it's just not meant to be
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 2:21 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i meant 3 since then not 4 lol
    travisnowensmom