Witchy mommys, just wondering

I would have put this in the Polls section, but I figured this would be a viewed a little more and get more responses. Anyway...

During rituals do you call quarters?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. I draw my circle in the shape of the pentacle, all around myself and my altar. If I have need of the spirits who control the directions and the elements, I petition them for help, but I don't bother them otherwise.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yes I do... I am a Wiccan- Witch ... but I don't believe that all do so...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:11 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• No. I used to though.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• No... I think that's more a Wiccan thing isn't it? I am a Pagan Witch, but not Wiccan and I tend to do things very simply. I don't cast a circle either. None of that feels right to me, personally. ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:15 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Are we talking witch or Wiccan? I haven't considered myself strictly Wiccan in quite a number of years, but it is still a foundation of my religious beliefs and I still practice with others who are Wiccan. During public and/or group rituals I do call quarters, because it is expected, but not usually for private rituals unless I have a specific reason for doing so. And for the record, the same goes for casting a circle.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 3:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Generally, NO. But I have, and in some of the rituals I wrote early on, I did, so if I'm following those, I will... But generally, No.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:23 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• If Im being super formal then I will otherwise I dont.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Only in public rituals do I participate in calling the quarters. The format used follows the basic Eclectic Wiccan style of ritual. For personal rituals, I don't call quarters or cast a circle. I just haven't felt the need for a formalized ritual in the Wiccan style.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• yes I normally do but there are a few times that I dont and I'm a Wiccan-Witch
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 2:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I'm not wiccan but pagan in a native american tradition - just throwing my two cents in... before our ceremonies or lodges, including teaching lodge, we honor and welcome all the directions.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 8, 2010