Changed back to my old doctor today and the new office I was going too...

Said if I changed doctors I will be charged for very appointment I had with them.. Now my insurance company already paid them for my visits. MY insurance company also informed me that I am cover 100% and they can't charge me for what is already paid.. Has this ever happen to you? DH thinks the doctors office is making up stuff to keep me going to them. What do you think?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 11:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• they can't charge you.... you don't pay by appointment for ob, you pay for the whole cycle. i would definately threaten to report them if they don't knock it off. that is like insurance fraud
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• They can't bill you if they have already been paid. Don't let them bully you.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 11:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Tell them they can try it and you will simply report them and contact the news...on a slow day, they will jump on this story
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I was thinking that it was really ridiculas and they said it will take 14 day for my records to be transfered. But my appointment is on Thursday and they wanted them.
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• they can fax over your sheet you need for your next appointment (like the sheet they keep track of your stats on and any notes the dr. made). that shouldn't be a problem..... or you could tell them you will pick up your file in person and take it to the dr. yourself
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• thats a lie i agree with everyone so far. they r bullying you! dont let them
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I told them I was going to pick them up and the women I spoke to said that after I sign the release they have to write it up and it may take 14 days even after I sign
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010