Is this normal?

My 12, almost 13 yo ds is starting to be kinda, ? angry a lot. It seems like maybe he is getting testosterone. There is nothing different in his life, we are very close and he tells me there is nothing that's bothering him but he feels angry a lot and doesn't know why. This is my oldest so I am clueless. Any help or advice appreciated.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 11:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• VERY normal at that age, and yes, it's puberty. My condolences- it's a tough time and all you can do is survive until the other side!
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 9:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Maybe it's puberty? Sorry don't have a preteen yet and not looking forward to it. I hope you get your answer. I'll bump ya .
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• sounds like puberty to me. OR...it could be a girl thing at school and he is embarrased
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:00 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My son went through this situation when my son was about 15 years old. No matter what was going on, he seemed to get upset at the slightest thing. Like not being able to find a certain book in his book bag. He also went through a time where he only wear the that same type of outfit. He would wear black tight denim pants, white t shirts and had a package of cigarettes tucked under the sleeve, like James Dean, Rebel with a cause. I grew up with all sisters, my daughter was 7 years older then my ds, and she is a spoiled princess. They are so different from each other like night and day.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 12:04 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• it is like climb a hill and you know you have to climb that hill because it part of growing up .your son will climb this hill in other words he going throught changes of life it sucks but all you can do it say happens to the best .by the time he is his late teens he will talk to his younger brother.lol
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:22 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Sounds like puberty lots of changes I had almost all brothers 6 to be evact and this happened to each one!
    anfisasmommy

Answer by anfisasmommy at 12:32 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• not sure about boys.. but I know around that age I went from an angel to the devil.. hormones had some to do with it yes.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:49 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Puberty? I have a 14 yr old and he gets an attitude all the time. Crabby, angry, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:55 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Probably puberty...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 8:11 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Puberty. You can give him fish oil to help balance out his moods.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 7, 2010