very faint positive prego test

i think my teen daughter is prego we took a walgreens early prego test & it showed a very faint positive prego line stayed about 3 or 4 hrs & the faint positive was gone,could she be prego or what

sexyblueyez

Asked by sexyblueyez at 12:00 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well when i got pregnant with my daughter i had a faint positive symbol also best thing to do is go to the doctors and get a blood pregnancy test to be sure.
    sweetness04

Answer by sweetness04 at 12:02 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Did the line appear during the appropriate testing time? I have always been able to get faint positive results 5 days before my period. They were accurate with all 5 of my pregnancies. If it showed up during the testing window time, any line is a positive result, no matter how faint. If it showed up after the testing window of time, it could be an evaporation line. She should re-test in the morning.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:02 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Tests aren't supposed to read far after they're taken. The result is invalid after that long. Take the test and wait the designated time. Read it accordingly THEN, and discard anything the test tells you after.

With a faint line, yes she could easily be pregnant. Getting a blood test done would be certain. Using first mornings urine would be more accurate if you're going to do another urine test, or waiting a few days to a week to retest.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 12:03 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• most tests will say faint or not (positive is usually positive) - make a doctor appt. to confirm. but she most likley is.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:05 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yes. Even if it's very faint, the way a pg test works is it tests for a certain enzyme found in the urine of pg women. The reason most tests advise that you test in the morning is because it gives a chance for this enzyme to build up in you overnight, and it's why it is possible to get a false negative (because not enough has built up in your body / passed through your urine to register on the test).

But a faint line could just mean that right now she has low traces of the enzyme - but any trace of it means pg.

If you want to make really sure though (before going to a Dr), get another test and wait and test first thing in the morning and test her first pee of the day (don't have her drink a bunch of extra water to make her have to go pee or anything - that could screw it up and give a false neg.)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:06 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• With all 3 of my kids I only had a very faint positive line, so yes, she is most likely pregnant.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 12:06 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• yes the line was faint within the time it said..we looked at it hrs later to see if the loine was still there & it was gone..we looked at it 3 min after testing & the line was very faint
    sexyblueyez

Comment by sexyblueyez (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My first pregnancy test showed a line so faint that literally, my husband couldn't even see it. You could see it in bright line and it was SO light. I now have a 10 month old son. There has to be that pregnancy hormone for any line at all to show up.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:06 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Also, try again in a couple of days. The hormone increases pretty rapidly, and the line will get darker and darker.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• @ Sexyblueeyez: The line poofing after several hours has nothing to do with the actual test results. I've always had good luck using digital tests. I'd suggest trying one if you're willing to pay a few extra bucks.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 12:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2010