Does it ever get easier?

i mean does being a single mom ever get easier i work hard my kids have what ever they want but it would be nice to have someone there when my yougest ends up in the hospital which i know will happen because hes a dieabetic i just wish i knew if i am doing the right thing sometimes

kenzie24143

Asked by kenzie24143 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sweetie...we all wonder if we are doing it right. In short...no it will never get easier. The kids will get older and be able to help more and be more independent, but that in itself brings a whole new level of complication and trust and learning.

Just keep taking it 1 day at a time and trying your best. That is all any of us....married or single or whatever....can do
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:05 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• The person there doesn't have to be a partner, it can be your mom, a best friend.... they say it takes a village to raise a child.

Trust yourself that you are doing the right thing, so much of mothering is your gut instinct.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• @ Maureen-MD I totally agree...

I raised my first child alone and remember when I moved in my apartment for the first time..I was scared and didnt know if I could make it, before I knew it after asking myself the same question I had been in my place for a year, paying my bills on my own, nothing had been cut off, we were eating, clothed and happy...He is now 26 about to get married and those times we spent alone and broke are his favorite memories.. The things I thought I failed at are the things he thought were the coolest...
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 12:11 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• If it makes you feel any better my mom did it on her own for years and I love her more for taking the chance and giving it her best than if she had stayed with my dad and who know's where any of us would be today.
    Be strong and do your very best.
    hugs
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:12 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I'm not a single mom, so I can't answer for that part - though I am a military wife, and I have been through that experience of sitting there scared and alone in the hospital with a sick kid and not able to reach my dh though (I know, not the same thing, but I just wanted you to know that I do feel for you!)

I can say, as a mom of two teenagers, that in some ways, yes, parenting does get easier, but in other ways, no, it doesn't. You don't have the late night feedings, diapers, etc, but then you have worries about them starting school, going places without you and are they going to be ok, etc. You don't have to be there to make their sandwich or get their drink, etc, but you have to worry about are they getting drunk and driving when they borrow the car, and who are they with when they're out...

The mom worry is always going to be there, just about different things, and overall, it is worth it - just hang in there

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:12 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• my mother had 14 of us kids till day she died to the end did i do enought and we all say yes mom you have we mother will move heaven and earth for our kids they give reason for living they are air in our lungs the laughter in our hearts .so when ever you hear your kids you know yes i have done the right thing don't lose hope don't ever hear give up because we mothers are small breed we are rare .so keep up the good work mom god bless you and good luck
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:14 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• It got easier for me when they grew up and moved out!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:27 AM on Aug. 7, 2010