Adoption with a Chinese birthmom

We have very strong connections in China and I have been wondering if possible that we are able to find a pregnant Chinese woman who wishes to place her child for adoption is it possible to escort her to USA around her due date for the birth. The child will then be an American citizen and we could just do an adoption in the USA without the waiting time and all the paperwork from the Chinese government. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Adoption

• I don't know if that would work, because the child would also still be Chinese, he/she would just have dual citizenship. My aunt and uncle adopted 2 children from China (they adopted their first dd, then a couple of yrs later they adopted their second dd).

I hate to sound discouraging, but the odds of finding a Chinese woman who wants to put her child up for adoption, getting authorization for them to come to the States, give birth here, and dealing with the dual citizenship angles (my dd is a dual citizen, and hers is only US and Canada - and it can be a real pain in the rear sometimes) is going to be as much, if not more, of a waiting and red tape hassle than if you went through the "regular channels".

I'm sorry :-(
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:19 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I don't know much about international adoption, but I know that it can be hard to get permission from the Chinese government to leave. We have some friends from China (a married couple who moved to the U.S.), and it took about eight years before any of their parents were allowed to come to the U.S. to help them with their kids, which is their custom.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:24 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• youd be willing to foot the bill for this?
    Think about it. If she left china, she wouldn't HAVE to surrender/abandon with the one child policy. She might think shed want to keep the baby if she's here!

if she did her homework, and with any luck she could do the adoption in a state that allows 1st parents some revocation time frame as well. And she could push for open adoption too! She could hit bmom jackpot with more control in her childs adoption if done here. I'd be worried shed miss her flight outta here and be lurking behind bushes looking for her baby

The traditional way would probably be a safer bet for your money 
    ::::eye roll:::

adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 5:48 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• As the adoptive mom to a little girl from China I will tell you that it won't happen. She would have to get permission from the Chinese government which would mean revealing her pregnancy ( which if she has no license for a pregnancy will open her up to jail time there) and from the US government ( immigration) to allow her into the country. USCIS is very strict....you would still have to go through a homestudy process, find an attorney that knows international laws regarding adoption not just domestic, as well as go completely through immigration for YOU to adopt that child. Going through the IA process is not easy and what you are proposing will add many more layers of difficulty to an already long process....not to mention the ethics of this.. it is such an unethical idea in regards to IA. The Chinese government only allows certain agencies to work with them for IA and this type of situation is why they do this. This would
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:32 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• make the CCAA even more suspicious of trafficking ( as it should) and make the process longer and more difficult for those pursuing a Chinese adoption in the future. The wait is already 4+ years from processing a dossier to referral...
    Honestly, as the mom of a little girl from China this idea makes me physically ill...the women in China have so few rights and this would continue to perpetuate the cycle....sigh...
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:36 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Why not just adopt a child in foster care. There are thousands of perfectly fine children that need loving homes.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 9:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• bump
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:33 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• anything is possible these days.happy hunting.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010