ive lost my plug...should igo

i have contractions, but its more like i feel like i am getting my period too, pressure all the time, lost my plug back hurts...should i go to the hosp.. im 39 weks

BabyGurlie1008

Asked by BabyGurlie1008 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Call your OB and ask.
    Anonymous

• I timed my contractions after I lost my plug, and called my doctor (he has a private practice and is on-call for himself, so I was able to speak to him directly). Since I was able to answer his questions (How long have you been having contractions, how far apart are they, etc.) he was able to advise me to stay home for a little longer.

I agree with the previous (although i don't know why anonymous) poster. You should call your doc and ask them.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• All my contraction where in my back. I would start timing every pain you get. Then call you ob and ask. The more you can tell them the more they can tell you..
    tabbers133

Answer by tabbers133 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Time them and if they start getting closer than I would go in. But losing your plug does not mean you have to. You could lose your plug weeks before you go into labor. Lay down and relax. Get a glass of water or juice. Take a bath or shower. Hopefully those will help you relax. If your contractions get stronger and come closer together get in. Don't even worry about calling at that point. Maybe call to let them know you are coming.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• the contractions could be false labor i had a whole day of false labor and losing your plug just means it is soon and the back ache is just the baby starting to descend
    mommynbabygirl

Answer by mommynbabygirl at 8:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Mommynbabygirl....her back ache that you say is "Just the baby starting to descend" Could also very well be back labor, where she would not be having traditional contractions, but still be in very real labor.

Please, before you make a statement like that to a first time mother, think about what you are saying.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2008