How to go out on a date since my last real date was over 25 years ago?

A really hunky man who was fixing a broken pipe in my lawn has asked me out for a date. I have not been in the dating world in over two decades? How do you keep it light and fun, because I don't want him to be scared off since he have probably dated far more then I have. Any ideas?

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 12:15 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Go see a movie and just have dessert or burgers after so you have something to talk about, the movie!, and can keep it light and enjoyable. Take separate cars so there's no expectation of anything else. Just say you need to meet him there because you are coming straight from some place else.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:26 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Be yourself.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 12:17 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Oh, good for you. I would die to be in your shoes right now. Just be yourself and enjoy it...what a huge esteem booster hon!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:22 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• DO NOT compromise your morals or integrity. Just because the times have changed, and people treat having sex as just something that you do, do not allow yourself to turn into a SLUT.

Other then that, relax, have fun, and just take it slow
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:20 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Go to a fun place. So you dont have to be so serious. Keep the questions and answers light and coy. Maybe take a Chaperone. Double date.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 12:23 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Be yourself.I.know you'll be nervous & that is natural.He'll probably be nervous too.Wear something sexy but not too revealing.Just enough to show him what ya got.Then have fun.I know thats not much to go on.But...good luck sweetie.&be brave little warrior!!! : )
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 6:58 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• keep some mystery about you,telling ur life story is a bad mistake.Talk about weather,fave colors,job,anything but kids and mundane things,no talking about ex's,yikes
    TootieFruitie

Answer by TootieFruitie at 11:39 AM on Aug. 7, 2010