I hate our 'couples' friends.

How the hell do you make new 'couples' friends??? Its so hard to find people that both me & my husband like.

We both grew up with different friends. So I have my girlfriends. He has his guyfriends. But we don't always get along with their spouses. So damn frustrating!

Our friends all have kids about the same age, within a year or two. all under the age of 5. We've gone to all of their ridiculous birthday parties, visits in the hospital, baby blessings....
But can they show up for a slice of cake & ice cream for my kids' birthday? or baby blessing? or a luncheon? or bbq? Hell no... they 'don't know if they can make it' or 'we'll see.. maybe" ugh!!! For the last 3 years!?
They're just the biggest leeches. Always want to borrow money. Make excuses for the tiniest things. I'm just sick of them.
How do we make good couples friends? lol!! That we BOTH like! haha!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Honestly, I would try something like taking a class or activity that's designed for couples - like a dance class or a bowling league or something. Then you would have a chance to get to know the couples there and see how you like them, if you have stuff in common with them, etc - and you're both meeting both of them from the beginning.

Also, you could try joining a play group or something if you're really wanting to focus on people with kids your kids age...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:22 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I dont what to say because I dislike my husband's friends wives and families, too. Esp when they dont even watch their kids and BBQs etc and my DH and I end up being the only one watching everyone's kids.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:19 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• If you wanna have better friends gotta be a better friend.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Do you and your husband have the same interest? Maybe just try and meet new people in your neighborhood or church.. that is a tuff one maybe you can find common ground with the ones you have ?>
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:21 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to know this to. We finally found some that are slightly okay. But the wife is soooooooooooooo annoying!
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 12:26 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I think I just fell a little bit in love with you reading the things that annoy you, because those things annoy me as well. And I have no advice for you; if you ever figure this one out, let me know.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:25 AM on Aug. 7, 2010