A follow up to my "Should gay couple be allowed to adopt?" question.

For those of you who said "no" I have one more question for you.

Choose one answer, a or b, no explanations needed.

Which is a better situation, in your opinion, for a child?

a) Living in a stable home with two parents who are prepared for them, who are loving and devoted, who truly WANTED them...but are gay.

or

b) possibly suffering from touch deprivation as an infant, possibly never having anyone to belong to or become close to...living a childhood being bumped from one foster home to another?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 12:30 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• They won't.
    What kind of "religious" person could be so hateful and discriminatory? What kind of message is being spread in these denominations?
    Is hate a religious value?
    I thought God was loving, forgiving and accepting?
    What a sad outlook and approach to life.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:40 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• And as for God being "loving and accepting," He IS. He does not accept sin though, and He shouldn't be expected to. I know, I know, there are those who will want to argue and say being homosexual isn't a sin, and they can't help it, they were born that way. Yeah, yeah. In spite of what they choose to believe, God's Word trumps their "opinions." He says homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of heaven unless they repent. His love includes mercy, and the right to choose or reject His Word.

If people choose to reject it, truth isn't going to cease being truth just because they don't want to accept it and obey it. God allows them to make up their own mind. He's already spoken on what His stance is. (continued)
    MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 5:36 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yes they should be allowed to adopt. And they should be put under the same scrutiny as any straight couple looking to adopt.
    LovableNeurotic

Answer by LovableNeurotic at 11:45 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• A child belongs in a good, safe environment no matter what. If it wasn't for my gay uncle I would have never known who Whitney Houston was.... Haha....
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 12:38 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I know how I feel about what just happened to a friend of my SIL. There were 4 children that were taken from their parents, and this was the 3rd time. The court terminated the parental rights, and the kids were put up for adoption. This woman wanted to adopt all 4 of them in order to keep the siblings together.

She was allowed to adopt the 2 girls, but because there were 2 homosexual men living together, who wanted to adopt 2 boys, they gave the boys to them instead of allowing the kids to all stay together. I think that was WRONG! It has nothing to do with "hate and discrimination," they made a lousy decision that will negatively affect those poor kids the rest of their lives.
    MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 5:28 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• (continued)

Quote: What kind of "religious" person could be so hateful and discriminatory? What kind of message is being spread in these denominations? Is hate a religious value? I thought God was loving, forgiving and accepting?

This is nothing more than tired rhetoric that's always used to try to make people who don't support their opinion feel guilty. I don't feel guilty about agreeing with God. Don't bother to lash out at me because I'm not going to change my mind on this, because this isn't MY opinion, it's what God says. You're entitled to your opinion, I won't argue with you if you disagree.
    MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 5:42 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I can't wait to see the responses... If they even dare to reply.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:33 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Loving- that is one cute SP!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:47 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• You know I would have to say A all the way!! but some would rather see children deprived of love and affection than to give in to their idea of a sinful life. Memaw, Hi! I haven't seen you around for a while now, I think even you would agree than love and affection for a child instead of deprivation and instabilities would be better.

Answer by older at 9:14 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• popcornI wanna see the answers tooo....

DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:37 AM on Aug. 7, 2010