Do you have any funny holiday moments that you would like to share?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:44 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Our funny family/holiday moments usually revolve around food... usually are messy and include food being destroyed. Once the family was together and mom dropped a pot of stew. It splattered across the floor, up the wall, and onto the ceiling! After a moment of shock, everyone laughed--except grandma. I guess she had a different sense of humor. She just walked into her room and stayed there the rest of the afternoon. LOL!
    One thanksgiving mom was making a wellington (veggies and meat in a puff pastry crust). The knife she was using disappeared and she coudln't find it anywhere. When the pastries were done, we found the knife--imbedded in the bottom of the dough! I think that was the same year I dropped a pecan pie on the floor.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:05 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• had a food fight at my sons 2nd birthday party my oldest son it was funny
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:06 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I would like to add one of my own. At Thanksgiving a few years ago, My mother was going to fix the potatoes for the potato salad. Since I had all the other ingredients, we decided to put it together at my house. I was getting the last bit of cooking out of the way. And put the potato salad in a big bowl. We had just sat down to eat and I had fixed my youngest son's plate and my other son was fixing. Usually I the last one to fix my plate but not this time. Anyway, right before my mother sat down she noticed I had a funny expression on my face. She's asking me what is wrong, and I replied, "Mom......did you cook the potatoes?" She said she thought she did. I said well you didn't cook them. We all had a good laugh. Now, every Thanksgiving I do the potato salad, and I think about it. Someone usually asks me if the potatoes are cooked, and we laugh.
    amessageofhope

Comment by amessageofhope (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2010