How much do you spend on a wedding gift?

Does it depend on the couple? Your money situation? How large the reception is going to be?

koon293

Asked by koon293 at 12:48 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Entertainment

• i did not hve to gert nothing for my sister or sister in law becasue i helped wth the wedding so i guess i got lucky
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:51 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• ID take all of those things into account. Try and get something off the registry there all differnt prices and u know its something they want
    youngmomma021

Answer by youngmomma021 at 12:57 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• It depends on your money
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:59 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• It does depend on our money situation. Normally around $50 if we can afford it, if not I try buy something worth about $50 on sale that I know they could use like a huge pyrex or anchor hocking glassware cooking set that people don't register for but will truly use so much more than they know that I can buy on sale.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:06 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• PS for a younger couple really just starting out, we normally do a Target gift card and if the reception isn't fancy but at the church for example I think $30 is fine and they can get whatever they really need. Might sound tacky but I try to match the amount I spend per head on what I feel they spent on the wedding if times are tight for us, and they usually are!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:08 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• We asked for gift cards for our wedding and we got anything from $20 to $100, and we were grateful. So, whatever you feel you can afford I think is best.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 1:10 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• DH and I tend to give a card and check for $100 regardless of the location\formality of the reception. We've only been to close friends' weddings, but I'm guessing we would vary that with how close we are to the couple, and how our financial situation is at that time.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 2:42 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• The unofficial rule around our area is $50.0 per person if you attend the wedding, $50.0 if you are unable to attend.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 5:33 AM on Aug. 7, 2010