how to make bread

hey every one, so im here trying to look at sum movies on youtube.com on how to bake some bread, and im having trouble understanding how it goes. does anyone have had the same trouble?? if so, can anyone give me any tips?

cataquiroz24

Asked by cataquiroz24 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• What part are you having difficulty with? Do you have a good mixer with a dough hook or are you going to do it all by hand? What type of yeast do you wish to use? The rapid rise or the slower rise? Are you looking for plain white bread? I have a very easy and foolproof recipe for you. Even my nonbaker husband can make it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:04 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• PP- Could you share that easy recipe, please? Thanks!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:06 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i want to make it by hand, since im a beginner, and want to show dh that i can do it, since he wants to take me to his cousin's house so she can "teach me" how to bake them,the yeast part is the confusing part.
    cataquiroz24

Comment by cataquiroz24 (original poster) at 1:06 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Okay..This recipe makes two loaves. I always use the rapid rise so I don't have to wait for two rises.
    Grease two loaf pans with Pam
    Liquid ingredients:
    1 1/2 cups water
    1/2 cup milk
    2 tbsp butter
    Heat the three ingredients until the temperature reaches around 125, but not hotter than 135 (it will kill the yeast)
    Dry ingredients
    4 cups white flour 2 cups wheat (or 6 cups white flour if you don't have wheat)
    2 tbsp sugar
    2 tsp salt
    2 envelopes rapid rise yeast. It will say so on the yeast package.

Mix together the yeast, salt, sugar and three cups flour. If using a mixer with a dough hook, just set it on the lowest setting
    Slowly add the liquid to make a sticky dough.
    Add the rest of the flour and stir or mix with mixer until the dough forms a ball.
    Cover the ball with plastic wrap and let sit for about 10 minutes or until doubled in size.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:13 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• The key with yeast is to make sure you don't kill the yeast getting the water (or milk) too hot. Use warm water not real hot water.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:14 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• (cont)
    Separate dough into two separate sections. With a rolling pin, roll into a rectangle about 14 inches long, 6 inches wide. IT should be wide enough for the loaf pans.
    Roll the dough into a loaf shape and set into loaf pans.
    Cover with a towel or put a dark place for about 45 minutes, or until doubled. Preheat the oven to 400
    Bake for about 40 minutes or until it makes a hollow sound when you thump it.

Seriously..It's very easy to make. There's really no kneading involved if using a mixer. If you are doing it by hand, you knead for about 5 minutes and then cover with plastic.
    I make this at least once a week.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:15 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Thx...im goin to try it 2...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:37 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Good luck!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:59 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Get a good bread machine...... throw in all the ingredients and waaaaalaaaa!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:13 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• good luck and thanks for that recipe
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:09 AM on Aug. 7, 2010