Do you really see the hypocrisy of it all?

I am referring to a post earlier about the Armenian daycare. The majority of the answers were ready to pounce on the Armenians from one persons' post. Who knows if she is telling the truth? How can we know what her attitude was when she visited the daycare? The posts say NO THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO ACT LIKE THAT.. THIS IS AMERICA! Well, right.. but here everyone is ready to put those Armenians in their place. Which is??? To make them feel like an outsider because you are an American and they are not??? Did you ever think that that is why they are acting like that, if they are??? So, what is with all the superiority? Where did it come from?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think the OP here isn't talking about the OP of the daycare question but of some of answers. I mean she does say she might not be telling the truth, but I think in general the OP is asking why do some Americans think our culture is superior? I didn't answer that question but I do wonder if maybe there were some communication misunderstandings and perhaps they were attempting at the daycare to explain what differences she might expect as the daycare was culturally Armenian.I am sure it would difficult for anyone to live in a community in which you are the outsider, whether or not you are the outsider in society as a whole or just in that enclave. When I say outsider I mean by perception of the person feeling outside, I am not saying any group from any other culture should be made to feel outside.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:03 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I would think that it is possible for any one community to make any one feel like an outsider! As for her post, yes she does have a right to her opinion... as we all do here. And obviously she felt something when she posted it.
    As I do see here you posted this anonymously... How brave!!!!!
    I call you out of hiding, but you will continue to hide!!!!
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:50 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• entitlement. American entitlement. Its rampant and apparently contagious as well.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:41 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Which is exactly why I didn't respond... Pick your battles... that was one I wasn't willing to pick.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 1:41 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I'm missing something. I have to go find it.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 1:43 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• For starters, we're responding given the scenario the OP describes. I answer as IF that is the truth, then this is my opinion. It has nothing to do with entitlement. It has to do with the fact that if you're in this country, you should consider yourself AMERICAN, and in the USA, we try to treat people as equals and not discriminate. It's also not about superiority. My answer would have been the same if it has been an Armenian being discriminated against.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:47 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• So, no, I do not see any hypocrisy. IF I had said that it was okay for the Armenians to be discriminated against, THAT would be hypocrisy.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:50 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• BTW I am not OP *LOL* I just sort of see where she is coming from. I think the OP of the other question was telling the truth as she saw it and something is obviously missing in her communications with these daycares or they truly don't want her there or feel she would uncomfortable and are trying to avoid that. ???? I don't know. It's late and I am probably talking in circles now.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:04 AM on Aug. 7, 2010