Have you ever thought something was just a story then found out it as real?

I live in southern California. up until I was about 12 I thought fireflies were just a story. lol what about you? anything you thought was fake turned out to be real?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 1:59 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• almost anything on LifeTime.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:02 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• No, but on a different note, I thought the story from the movie The Titanic was real. I was so devastated to learn that it was not true.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:05 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yea, lots of stories as a kid, my dad was a big joker, so anything outlandish we always took with a grain of salt...

To be fair though if I took everything he said as true I'd still believe that there were monsters who stole children away that live in chinaball trees called "rugaroos" LOL
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 2:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• A Lyger
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 2:14 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I was devestated when I found out that the jackalope wasn't real.... dang it, I wanted to catch me a cool jack rabbit with horns.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 2:20 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Not me, but my mom. When I was about 6 I encountered a mountain lion in my backyard & told my mom about it. She didn't believe me till YEARS later when she couldn't sleep, she was sitting in a chair in front of the bay windows over looking the backyard reading. She turned to look out the window & there was a cougar staring back @ her. NOW she believes me lol.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:23 AM on Aug. 7, 2010