What are good colors/flowers for a September wedding?

I would prefer to not have dark brown. I also don't like calla lillies.

Stacy2425

Asked by Stacy2425 at 2:05 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Fall colors-Red, green, gold, yellow, orange. Fall flowers.... could probably do an internet search for that.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 2:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Hmmm...the first that came to mind was a sapphire blue and white, because blue sapphire is the birthstone for September, lol. If you were going for a fall look, without brown, I'd do gold and a burnt orange. My colors were a white, with green accents.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:09 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Oh, and as for flowers, that all depends on the other details of the wedding and which colors you choose. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:11 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Go ask a florist! Seriously, this is what I did with my wedding and it was so helpful. Go talk to a florist and ask them what flowers are in season and cheap in September. Have them show you pictures and write down the ones you like. Flower prices are seasonal and you don't want to accidentally choose colors that are going to cost you an arm and a leg, just because you didn't know any better. I bet if you do this, it will help you narrow down your colors.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:13 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• yellow, like sun flower
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:14 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• sounds weird but beautiful when together. Purple, red, orange and yellow.
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 2:14 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Thanks ladies
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:19 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• calli lillies are for funerals. I think they symbolize sympathy. That may be old fashioned but I am pretty sure.
    I would go w/some colors in nature.like the sunny colors of autumn leaves. I would go w/ivory instead of white as my dress color.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 6:44 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I don't think the flower needs to reflect the month...I'm assuming it's YOUR wedding, so whatever flowers you love are the ones you should have. It's YOUR day.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 9:22 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I was thinking sapphire as well, it's my birthstone and I love it! I was married in December and used flowers and colors I wanted, not the flowers etc of the season.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2010