its a year now since. . .

my father got sick.
A year ago, i was alone with our two kids. My husband away due to military school. Now, again, i'm alone. very very very far away from family. My husband is deployed.
How can i get through this alone? Its so very very hard. I don't know how to overcome the sadness. its just so hard to sit here and think about my dad, and not have my husband here with me to comfort me. I don't know what to do.
I hold it together for my kids, because I have to. I'm all they have at this moment.
(no i'm not depressed enough to do something stupid. don't think that)
The nights are the longest.

Does anyone have any advise? I'm at a standstill. . .no one up here with me can relate to the loss of a parent. (i mean, i'm sure there is, but no one i'm close to)

Its just hard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• My son was in Iraq, but it must be much harder to be in your shoes. The American Legion in your area probably has an American Legion Auxiliary, for the families of veterans (deployed, current vets, as well as older ones). They would surely be able to relate better than most people.

You're doing the right thing in searching for answers and in staying strong for the sake of your kids. Hebrews 11:6 says, in part, ..."He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."

This is the rest of my response, which didn't all fit in the first box.
    RegocijoJoy
    RegocijoJoy

Answer by RegocijoJoy at 8:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I recently moved far away from all my family at a very hard time in my life (me and my husband were having problems.) Even though it is not the same it was hard and lonely for me too. I found a group through my church which really helped me. My husband and I eventually worked hrough everything and I made some good friends. Try a church group, and if here aren't any start one up, there are so many people outthere looking for a place to belong.
    Anonymous

• I Iost my beIoved father 8 months ago.  Pm me if you want to taIk.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I find that when I'm down, it helps to read the Psalms, especially certain ones. Some of them that are comforting are the 23rd Psalm, also 37, 130, 131, 137 and 139. Also, Romans 8:28, 29 help me a lot, because they remind me of God's sovereignty, and how He is working in my life and that of others to mold me into being more Christ-like. The Bible is so very relevant to life that it could have been written today, rather than thousands of years ago. There is so much that I could say, but if you could find a solid, Bible-believing church in your area, you would find the best answers for your questions, and--I would hope--for your loneliness.
    I would think that the pastor of such a church would be able to direct you to some people who would be able to help and befriend you. You're welcome to contact me and send me a message, if you like.
    RegocijoJoy

RegocijoJoy

Answer by RegocijoJoy at 8:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• In 1996 I lost my husband on June 25th....delivered my 2nd child August 30th 6 weeks early, and then lost my dad on November 1st.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My father died in January. It hits me at the wierdest times. I sometimes will be at a stop light and simply start crying. Or in the middle of a grocery store or something. And I can't listen to Dad songs on the radio.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:18 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i have not lost a parent and don't have a spouse away but i do have time to listen, if you want to write more to me hoewischer@verizon.net ( subject - a shoulder to cry on) my prayers will be will you!!!!
    maria2278

Answer by maria2278 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Listen to the silence. Your dad is trying to tell you he's alright on the Other Side. That he'll be with you while your husband is gone. He whispers to you and touches your hair. You aren't alone, but you have to listen to hear that!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2008