• In the Spotlight:

What is your favorite pet store?

sherribeare

Asked by sherribeare at 2:46 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Pets

• Petsmart is my favorite. I used to be a pet photographer and we used to go into Petsmart and Petco to do set up for pictures. At all the petsmarts that I've done photos at I got to see how they take care of their animals and they really treat them like their own. They love them and give them all sorts of attention. I just appreciate how well they take care of the animals. Petco didn't seem like they did as good of a job. The people I dealt with were always nice though.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Petsmart is my fav large chain pet store. We have a little local pet store here thats got all sorts of exotic pets. My kids love going in there,its like a trip to the zoo!
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 6:04 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I like Petco. They seem to take care of the animals there a little better than they do at Petsmart. Although Petsmart is just a tiny bit cheaper.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:16 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Petsmart, but I'll run into Petco if I'm in a hurry.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:48 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I like Petsmart best- I buy all my stuff there and it's the only chain I will buy small animals from. The other major chain in our area is PJ's and I sometimes cringe to see the living conditions of their small animals.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I go to Petsmart and Petco equally. However, I buy the Timothy Hay from the grocery store because it's $2.99 for a bag of Kaytee. There's a Petland not too far from where I live and I hate seeing the way the guinea pigs are treated. People can reach in and grab them unsupervised.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Petsmart - it's the only one in our area
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 8:28 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• We have a local shop that is smaller and I love it. I do go into Petsmart at times though, but I prefer the small mom and pop places.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:21 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I like PetSmart. They are cheaper than PetCo. I've checked out a bunch of other small shops in our area, but they don't really have all of the products I would be/am looking for.
    Tuzyae

Answer by Tuzyae at 11:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i like the local store they have here, pet goods, i love petsmart too. i used to work in petland and they treat their animals super bad and alot of the times the pets get sick and die in the store. it was horrible working there. i was told to do the bare minimum but i always did some extra things to give the pets the best they deserved
    poshkat

Answer by poshkat at 9:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010