Name and old skool department store ( i'm going with zayre,community, venture) hey do you remember those and if you got any good memories tell us for instance like your first job, or meeting someone

old skool department stores, it'll be cool to tell location rather state and city because their not in every state so i know it's pobably going to be some people haven't heard of

1LovelyAngel

Asked by 1LovelyAngel at 2:47 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• rolling on floorI've never heard of any of those stores.

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:49 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Venture, Zayre, Hills, Ames, Montgomery Wards. We used to buy our school clothes at Venture. I remember Zayre had a flashing red sign. I think it's a Menard's where I grew up. Hills turned into Ames, but that was an East Coast thing.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:50 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Kresges, it was owned by KMart I thought but was more of a bargain five and dime with a soda fountain in the Detroit, Michigan area.

My first job was as a server at a Bonanza. After it went out of business I worked at a diner inside a KMart and had to wear this ugly brown button up true waitress uniform ala the show Alice. There was this one cook who was huge and wore a bra but looked more like a really fat man with man boobs and her name was Brianne but for a long time I thought maybe it was Bryan and it was weeks before I was sure of her gender, she had shaggy short hair and never wore make up and a husky voice.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:52 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• There used to be a department store (I think they were a chain, but not sure if it was in the south only) called Richway in Georgia. We shopped there all the time. Eventually Richway closed and Target opened in that building so I'm not sure if Target bought out Richway or if Richway just went belly-up or what. Also, there was one called Uptons that was a lot like Kohls. They disappeared probably 15 years ago.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:18 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Fedway, Grand Central, Kistler Kollisters,
    kaedrasgma

Answer by kaedrasgma at 1:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010