TMI. Is it a yeast infection?

I am having a problem. And I am freaking out. I have a burning sensation on the outside down there. And there are a couple of white spots. It hurts to wipe when I go to the bathroom. I am going to mmy gyno in the morning. But I am afraid it could be something worse than just a YI or a UTI. Its a lil whiteish down there too. But no fowl smell. But it stings. I had sex the other night. And its been hurting every since then.
My mom has herpes. And I am worried that she might have had an out break. Or when I had slept on her bed maybe I got it too? I don't know what they look like or the symptoms or anything like that. I know its TMI. But I am freaking out. I am so embarrased to see my doc in the morning!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Health

• You can not get herpes from sleeping in someones bed so you don't have to worry about that. Herpes are more like painful blisters, you can have then around your vaginal area, anal area, or at the base of your spine. That's where the virus lays, is in the nerves of your spine.

Don't be embarrassed to see your GYN, they have seen it ALL!

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 4:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Sounds like a bad yeast infection or a bacterial infection to me. Don't be embarassed about the Dr. They have seen it all.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Definately a great idea that you are going to you DR!!

However you shouldn't feel embarassed about going.......but I can say that, and heck.....I need to take my own advise!! LOL!!  But know you are not alone in how you feel, you are not the only one who has these feelings.  Just take a deep breath, relax and be honest with your DR.

Blessings.

http://www.4yourfam.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 5:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Sounds like a yeast infec. I had one 2 wks ago. And monistat has a home test..I bought it and yes it was a yeast. But good thing, go see your doctor just to be sure. God bless
    Anonymous