Name a old skool restaurant ( I'm going with Ponderosa's, Carson's Ribs, Orange Julius )if you got any story to tell like 1st job or meeting or just a hang out

tell restaurant location, city and state ..i believe they have reopened the Orange Julius restaurants

1LovelyAngel

Asked by 1LovelyAngel at 2:53 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I quit Bonanza once to work at Ponderosa (bascially the same steakhouse go through the line to order with your tray and big buffet) because I thought Id make more in tips being closer to the mall. The managers were calling servers not to come in when it was busy so they could wait on tables and get their salary plus tips! I quit after a couple weeks and went crawling back to Bonanza, my first job. I remember Sizzler when we lived in Little Rock, Ark and also the Bonanza there.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:58 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• ok, i remember sizzlers to
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 3:17 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Shakey's Pizza. I know it has reopened in other parts of the country, but in the area I grew up, all of the Shakey's Pizzas closed down. This was in Northwest Indiana.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:39 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Wow, I haven't heard of anyone talk about Shakey's for a long time. They had good pizza. Another old one that was good was Golden Coral. And I miss Winchell's Donuts, working there was the first job I ever had in high school.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:27 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• dairy queen
    kaedrasgma

Answer by kaedrasgma at 1:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Coco's Bakery & Restaurant in Sunnyvale, California. I worked there while I went to college and met some great people. i loved Shakey's Pizza too. i remember going there as a kid with my parents and the whole softball team my dad coached.
    specialk16

Answer by specialk16 at 2:40 AM on Aug. 8, 2010