Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What do I do? My 6 yr old ds has a receding hair line? HELP

He has always had a hairy back,thick like a grown man. He has behavioral problems and now his hair is starting to recede,like a middle age man. I am wondering if he could have more testorone than he should? Does that sound right? What should I do? What sort of specialist could help him?

Answer Question

Asked by momthruivf at 6:10 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Kids' Health

Level 18 (5,284 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • His pediatrician can do blood tests to check to make sure his hormone levels are okay.

    Answer by Nyx7 at 7:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

  • i would have him tested. and have him tested for any hair loss diseases and vitamin deficiency

    Answer by Aasiyah at 7:35 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

  • I would definitely talk to your pediatrician about testing/

    Answer by KTMOM at 7:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

  • I would take him first to his pediatrician for basic bloodwork and to discuss a referral to a pediatric endocrinologist for further evaluations.

    Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

  • Id get him to the Dr for bloodtests.

    Answer by sstepph at 10:44 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.