what is your favorite corn bread recipe .

I want to learn how to make cornbread from scratch. I've seen quite a bit of recipes on line but i would like to know yours. Where i live i do not have access to cornmeal. i do have access to corn flour. i am not sure if i can make cornbread from that. any suggestions would be welcome.

Aasiyah

Asked by Aasiyah at 7:16 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I use 1 1/2 C. cornmeal(self-rising), 1 c. all purpose flour; 1/4 c. oil, 2 eggs that have been slightly beaten, 1 c. milk. If you like a sweeter bread, use 1/4 sugar with the dry ingredients. After those are mixed together, mix together the wet and add to the dry, stirring just until well blended. You can then bake it in a black iron skillet, make muffins or corn pones out of it. It's yummy either way.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:23 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• there is a cornbread mix that comes in a box its called jiffy..what you do is when you are mixing your ingredients mix in a can of creamstyle corn..it gives it a sweet moist effect and its very good with chili, soups ect...i know you asked about from scratch but its good that way so i just thought i would mention it
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 7:18 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• The recipe that I use has bisquick in it. It is so easy to make and tastes so good too.
    cdnmom24

Answer by cdnmom24 at 8:11 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Jiffy is the way to go...you cant mess it up...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:51 AM on Aug. 7, 2010