would you be offended or no?

Would you be offended if you made friends with a girl youve known since highschool but have just became friends the past few months. you're both pregnant and can relate with eachother. you both lost friends from your pregnancys because of the fact that you are pregnant. we really dont have anyone else to hang out with because none of our friends will talk or hang out with us. Well she goes into labor yesterday and tells me to come over asap and whenever during that day. so i get ready shower you know the whole 9 yards. i call and tell her im coimng and she says wait an hour because all her old friends are there. so i do i call her in about an hr and a half and she says that her old friends are still there to just come the next day... i feel kind of pushed aside.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• CONT
    here i am the person she complains to about these people that were her really goodfriends and they dith her because shes pregnant and she was in my house when she went into labor... and she kind of just pushed me aside.. :( would you be kind of offended and "pushed aside"? ps in HS her old friends were popular and i wasnt at all if that makes ANY more of an effect....were both 20 so we got out of HS a few years ago.
    Anonymous

• i would be totally pissed...!! tell her u feel that way... !! to be honest i was one of the non populars and i dont think i could ever be friends with the popular even if i was in the same possition... they were so mean in high school... there are a few here and there outa popular group that try to talk to me but i am never asked to hang out ect... PS i was the 1st outa my class to get married and was the 2nd to have a kid.... lol my BFF was the 1st
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• i didnt think i would be friends with any of them either.. but shes sweet to me other than this and we get along not just cause we are both pregnant, but we have other things in common too...
    Anonymous

• ahh well if u still wanna be friends i would tell her that she hurt ur feelings
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Sounds like she's ashamed to let them know you both are friends...If she wasn't she would have had no problem letting you come over while they were there, right? Some people are the "crowd followers" and she is one of them....If I were you i'd quit hanging out with her because she isn't going to be one of those friends that will be there for you and she will ditch you to keep her status up.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Wow your friend sounds like a total dou(he and doesnt sound like she is worth your time, effort or friendship. A friend is NEVER embarrased of or tries to hide their friends!!!
    If it were me I'd tell her since she has her other friends now and is trying to hide me from them that I was done with the friendship...She used you for what she wanted and now that she has her old friends back your old news...So move on and try to make some other friends, trust me I know it's unbelieveably difficult but keep an open mind and dont let people in too closely too quickly...Good luck
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 6:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• i'd be upset to
    iloveprater

Answer by iloveprater at 6:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Don't be a doormat... And yes definately tell her about your feelings being hurt. That was not very kosher/ cool. I think personally that was very shady of her. Maybe she has something to hide that she hasn't shared with you & perhaps she knows them best & their reception would not have been as warm. Nonetheless I just couldn't pretend everything is ok, but that's just me.
    Bellafleurs

Answer by Bellafleurs at 7:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• She may have been protecting you..Id talk to her.
    Anonymous

• I would say talk with her about it. IMO, labor and childbirth bring out a different side... Maybe she just didn't feel that you were close enough to support her through her fears. I don't know how close you are, but if your relationship isn't that deep yet it might even make sense... In labor, sometimes women don't want their husbands or their sisters around. Sometimes they want to be touched, sometimes they don't... it's a whole different ballpark; they aren't their normal selves.

If you want to continue friends then talking about this with her --later-- might be really important.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2008