website or blog? which one?

cannot decide, make a website or blog. I see a blog as more personal with your viewers,easier & quicker to design, but blogs require frequent updates. I see a website as having more options/details, does not need as frequent of updates as a blog but takes longer to design/create and loses a lil bit of the personal touch blogs have. Yes I know I could just create a website with an attached blog, maybe down the line if traffic grows, but starting point.website or blog. Cost wise its not going to make a difference, either way Im gonna pay the same.It's going to be about metal,reviews of albums/vids etc.lot of focus on local bands/undiscovered with hopes unsigned bands start contacting me via site to get featured,i am a metal mom,will have small area devoted to SAHM stuff/metal mom stuff,will be doing affiliate marketing via it as well. so site/blog for mostly metal stuff,lil mom stuff since im a metal mom.thoughts?

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 7:51 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• website. When I'm searching for things on the internet I always look for websites & avoid the blogs. I'm looking for a product not someone's opinion. Help?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:12 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• hmm i guess in a way blogs are a bit like journals..journals with pretty pictures lol.
    moki1984

Comment by moki1984 (original poster) at 8:18 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• But if you are going to do reviews, it is easier to access a Blog. If you are reviewing albums, isn't that sort of like your own personal opinion? I had both, but I weened down to three blogs. I don't know, I still like the layout better.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I suppose it would depend on the focus of your site. If you're going to be focusing more on facts and figures, things like band histories, concert dates, ect, then I would say a website. But if your going to be focusing more on reviews and opinion pieces then a blog is the way to go.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2010